The contest recognizes achievement among British Columbia and Yukon residents learning Japanese as a foreign language.
Contest Location and Times:
The contest to be held on Saturday, March 2, 2019, at the University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus) (Building/Room TBD).
Application Guide and Form: (Application for 2019 is NOW OPEN)
- Please read the guide prior to filling out the online application
- The 2019 Annual BC Japanese Speech Contest Guidelines
- Online Application (Google Docs) available via the Organizing Committee's UBC Website
- 31st Annual BC Japanese Speech Contest Full-size Poster
- Send the speech draft and a recording of the speech or have the guide sent to you from the Consulate General of Japan:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (604) 684-5868, ext. 240
*Application for entry is accepted until 5 pm, Monday, February 4, 2019.
- All contestants presenting at the contest will receive a participation prize.
- Certificates and prizes will be awarded to the top three speakers in each category.
- Special prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Organizing Committee and judges.
Contest Winners and Winning Speech Collections
*2020 Contest Details to be announced in Winter 2019