Working Visa


If you wish to visit Japan to engage in any remunerative activity, you must obtain a WORKING VISA prior to entering Japan.


Application for a working visa is considered only on the basis of a PRE-ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT contract. Your prospective employer or sponsor in Japan must obtain on your behalf a CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY, which is issued by the Ministry of Justice in Japan. For more details concerning the acquisition of a Certificate of Eligibility and the time required, please have your proxy contact the nearest immigration authority in Japan. Your proxy should send the original certificate to you directly.


Once you receive your Certificate of Eligibility, you must apply for your visa IN PERSON at the Japanese Consulate with following documents;


(1) Valid passport

(2) One photo (45mm × 35mm , taken within 6months )

(3) CERTIFICATE OF ELIGIBILITY and its photocopy

(4) Completed visa application form (PDF) ( available at our office)


NOTE: Additional materials may be requested if found necessary.


If your spouse and children will accompany you to Japan, they should obtain a Certificate of Eligibility and apply for a DEPENDENT VISA.


Visa processing time is normally within a week, averaging two or three business days. It may take more time for those whom hold the passport/travel document of some specified countries due to consultations with our home government.


Application is accepted at the consulate between 09:30 - 11:30 and 13:00 - 15:30,
Monday to Friday except national holidays.