Work and Long-Term Stays


For activities other than those described under Short-Term Stay you will need a Working Visa, General (Student) Visa, or Specified Visa.


Included activities are:

  • Remunerative activities
  • Study
  • Residing in Japan as a spouse or child of a permanent resident

Before applying obtain a Certificate of Eligibility issued by the Ministry of Justice in Japan. Your sponsor in Japan should contact the local immigration office in Japan to apply for your certificate.


Helpful Links for Living in Japan: