For travelers who are stopping over in Japan en route to another country due to flight schedules. If you are visiting someone in Japan, or if your main purpose is for sightseeing or business, you need a Temporary Visitor’s Visa.
* No visa required if you are staying at the airport and are not going through the immigration.
* Canadian citizens and nationals of countries with Reciprocal Visa Exemption Agreements with Japan do not require a Transit Visa.
- Valid passport
- Proof of legal residency in Canada such as a Permanent Resident Card or student/employment authorization.
- Visa application form (PDF)
- For Russian Nationals, Nationals of CIS and Georgia: Please complete 2 application forms.
- Passport-style photo(s)
- Airline ticket(s) or flight itinerary issued by airline company or travel agency.
- Valid entry visa to the country of destination after leaving Japan.
- If the stay in Japan exceeds one night: Proof of finances (e.g. bank statement)