Visiting Japan

bullet General Information
bullet Airports and Rail Passes
bullet Accommodation
Location, Hours and Inquiries
Short-Term Stays

Work and Long-Term Stays

Processing Time and Fees

Types and Application
Visa Application Form
(common for each type, PDF)
Temporary Visitor's Visa
Transit Visa
Working Visa
General (Student) Visa
Specified Visa
Working-Holiday Visa
bullet Visa for Medical Stay
Japanese Passport Application/Renewal
Police Certificate
Visiting Japan FAQ

Travel - Airports and Rail Passes


The two major airports that service overseas flights into Japan are
Tokyo Narita Airport
and Kansai International Airport, near Osaka.

Rail Passes

For rail pass information covering all of Japan, visit Japan Rail Pass. For rail and ticket information for individual regions: JR Kyushu, JR Shikoku (Japanese), JR Central, JR West, JR East or JR Hokkaido.


Authorized Japan Rail Pass sales outlets in Vancouver:


JTB International: 604-688-0315

Nippon Travel Agency of Canada: 604-662-8002

Japan Airline (sold to passengers only) 1-800-525-3663



(C) Consulate General of Japan in Vancouver, 900-1177 West Hastings, Vancouver, BC V6E 2K9 Tel: (604) 684-5868. This page updated May 22, 2015 .