Job Opening: Accounting /Administrative Assistant (Looking for a limited-term staff member)
- Work Place: Consulate General of Japan, 900-1177 W Hastings St., Vancouver
- Working hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (with a one-hour break), Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays)
- Benefits: dental insurance, CPP, paid leave
- Salary: to be determined depending on experience
- Application deadline: Friday June 18, 2021
- To apply: e-mail resume (in English and Japanese) with a cover letter, proof of citizenship/PR card to the Consulate’s General Affairs Section E-mail: email@example.com
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as a liaison to outside vendors, communicating, coordinating and negotiating.
- Assist in conducting research, procurement and progress management
- Assist in bookkeeping, accounting and making payments
- General administrative duties
- Handling phone calls (both in English and Japanese)
- Handling incoming/outgoing mail and preparing shipments
The contract period is every two years since early or middle of July 2021. However, there is a three months probation period for your employment. Contract renewal is based on an agreement from both sides.
3. Qualifications and Requirements
- High level of proficiency in English and Japanese (writing, reading and verbal)
- Experience in using various software including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Must have a valid I.D. with your photo.
- Possess Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status in Canada
- Be able to provide security clearance certificate