Annual BC Japanese
The contest recognizes achievement among
British Columbia and Yukon residents learning Japanese as a foreign language.
2018 Contest Details
Contest Location and Times
The contest was held on Saturday, March 3, 2018, at the Halpern Centre, Simon Fraser University (Burnaby Campus) (Map).
Application Guide and Form (Application for 2018 is now closed)
- Please read the guide prior to filling out the online application
The 2018 Annual BC Japanese Speech Contest Guidelines
- Online Application (Google Docs) available via the Organizing Committee's UBC Website
- 30th Annual BC Japanese Speech Contest Full-size Poster
- Send the speech draft and a recording of the speech or have the guide sent to you from the Consulate General of Japan:
- All contestants presenting at the contest will receive a participation
- Certificates and prizes will be awarded to the top three speakers
in each category.
- Special prizes may be awarded at the discretion of the Organizing
Committee and judges.
Contest Winners and Winning Speech Collections
30th Contest (March 2018)
29th Contest (March 2017)
28th Contest (March 2016)
27th Contest (March 2015)
26th Contest (March 2014)
25th Contest (March 2013)
24rd Contest (March 2012)
23rd Contest (March 2011)
22nd Contest (March 2010)
21st Contest (March 2009)
20th Contest (March 2008)
19th Contest (March 2007)
18th Contest (March 2006)
17th Contest (March 2005)
2019 Contest Details to be announced in Winter 2019