The deadline for entries to the Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award has been extended to Friday, June 28, 2019. Please see below for details and how to apply:
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan has launched the Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award and began to accept entries for it.
2. Entries are being accepted as follows:
(1) From Monday, April 8 to Friday, June 28, 2019.
(2) Entries need to be sent to Japanese diplomatic missions abroad (excluding permanent missions) or the P.O. Box of the Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award.
＊Please check out Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Homepage for the full program and details.
3. The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (approximately 10-day trip), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.
Click here for official Japanese MANGA Award Homepage: https://www.manga-award.mofa.go.jp/index_e.html
The Thirteenth Japan International MANGA Award - Extended Deadline
June 12, 2019