Call for Designs: Canada-Japan 90th Anniversary Logo
September 6, 2017
2018, and the 90th anniversary of Canada’s Embassy in Japan in 2019. Both countries conduct
a variety of collaborative events over the course of the two years to celebrate our shared
accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. We are now inviting the
general public to submit designs for a 90th anniversary logo to be used to promote the events.
Overview—Call for designs
1. Submissions are welcome from anyone regardless of nationality, age, or place of
2. Submissions must be received by Tuesday, October 31, 2017.
3. Please submit your design by email to the Information and Culture Center, Embassy of
Japan in Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. A panel of judges established by the Embassy of Japan in Canada and Global Affairs
Canada will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for
90th anniversary celebration events.
5. Results will be announced on various websites including those of Japan’s Ministry of
Foreign Affairs, the Embassy of Japan in Canada, Global Affairs Canada, and the
Embassy of Canada to Japan.
How to submit your design
1. Attach your logo design to an email entitled “90th Anniversary Logo Campaign” and
addressed to the Information and Culture Center, Embassy of Japan in Canada
(email@example.com). Be sure to include your name and affiliation in the body of the
email, and please attach a brief explanation of your logo design. We regret that we
cannot accept submissions by mail.
2. Your logo design should be sent as a JPEG or PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and
at with resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when
printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
3. The explanation of your logo design should be approximately 50 words long. Please do
not include it in the email itself but attach it as a separate file. When the logo design
selected as the anniversary logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
4. Please submit both colour and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions
on number of colours, gradations, etc.)
5. You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
6. No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Points to note
1. Submitted logo designs must be new—never published anywhere, and must not infringe
on copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any third parties.
2. Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous,
or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected
design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
3. All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to
Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Global Affairs Canada. Those submitting designs
agree to relinquish their author’s moral rights. In principle, submitted designs will not be
processed other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, and translate into
Japanese, English or French.
4. The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the
design is later determined to be false.
5. The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to organizations authorized
by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Global Affairs Canada and will be used to
promote the 90th anniversary of Canada-Japan diplomatic relations.
6. Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs
will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
7. Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected
will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judging process can be
For more information
Embassy of Japan in Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
First North American Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Mr. Abe or Mr. Hayashida)
Phone 03-3580-3311, extension 4149 or 5398 (Canada Desk)
(Open a New Window)